Ludwik Rosłan (Louis)
M, b.1878, d.1956
- Born 13 January 1878 in Sterdyń, Poland
- Died of Liver Cancer 19 August 1956 in Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
- Buried in South Brisbane Genera Portion: 2C Row: 49
- Married Maria Kempe
Ship to Australia
- Arrived in Australia from Manchuria, China on the 12 June 1911 aboard the ship Nikko Maru and disembarked at the port of Brisbane.
- Was naturalised 26 February 1914.
- 1914 - Labourer
- 1914 - Basin Pocket, Queensland, Australia
- State-Qld, District-Moreton, Subdistrict-Sherwood, Thomas St,Labourer
- From the Daily Mail dated 23 April 1919 Ludwik was sentenced to 6 months jail for displaying a Red Flag.
Queensland 'Red Flag' Riots
- The Red Flag Riots by Raymond Evans - difficult to read but Ludwik (or Louis) Rosłan is mentioned specifically in relation to the hunger strike
- The Vulgar Press
- A History of Queensland by Raymond Evans
- Scott Griffiths, Jennie(1875-1951)
- 4 sisters and 1 brother.
- 1 sister Theophelia (married to Franek Frukatcz)
- 1 sister Flora (married to Anthony(tony) Wischnewski) 5 sons and 1 daughter
- 1 sister Paulina Wisokinska, husband and son
- 1 sister Yusia and husband
- Application for Certificate of Naturalization for Ludwik Rosłan from the National Archives of Australia Ref: A1 1928/6323
- Naturalisation Documentation for Ludwik Rosłan from the National Archives of Australia Ref: A1 1928/6323
- Statutory Declaration for Ludwik Rosłan from the National Archives of Australia Ref: A1 1928/6323
- Electoral Roll 1936
- National Archives of Australia. BP4/1 66/4/3660 page 463